Most companies often wonder if they should opt for dental insurance plan. Is it really valuable? Is it worth it?
Well, it depends. If the company were to opt for a cookie-cutter dental insurance plan – then no. But if they were to opt for a custom and specifically designed plan based on the company’s needs to cover the employers and employees, then the answer is without a doubt – Yes!
To give you an idea on how important dental insurance is, just consider:
- Americans will be spending $106 billion on dental care in 2010, according to a study by the Pew Center on the States.
- “Oral Health Update in America: A Report of the Surgeon General” reported that more than 108 million children and adults lack dental insurance, which is more than 2.5 times the number who lack medical insurance.
- Nearly 75 percent of American adults suffer from various forms of gum disease and don’t know it according to the American Dental Hygienist Association.
- At least one in five U.S. children go without annual dental care and most states lack key policies to ensure access to cost-saving preventive treatments, according to a 2010 study by the Pew Center on the States.
- Only 48 percent of children entering kindergarten have seen a dentist within the past year and 52 percent ages six to eight have tooth decay, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
- Tooth decay is the most common and the most preventable disease in children, according to the AGD. Tooth decay is five times more common than asthma and seven times more common than hay fever.
The perfect dental insurance plan for businesses should be tailor-made, regardless if its 3 enrollees or 10,000. There are various plans to suit your company needs, from voluntary plans, employer sponsored plans, employee paid plans, partial contribution plans, multi plans and so much more! It is only a matter of picking up the phone, giving us a call and we will let you know what you need to provide us with for a quote. Then lets discuss the best dental insurance coverage plans suitable for your company to give everyone the peace of mind – and healthy oral health that they deserve!