Karl Kollmorgen, President
President Karl Kollmorgen believes the reliable growth of Kollmorgen & Associates over three decades is due to exceptional customer relationships and a habit of placing key agency associates in their best areas of specialization. From the time he founded the agency, Karl’s goal has been to build strong partnerships with customers, deeply understanding their objectives and resources before creating plans to address concerns such as risk management, estate planning and business planning. Because Karl is a life member of The Million Dollar Round Table, agency customers benefit from many resources not available to all business and financial planners. Through 30 years of dedicated work for individuals and businesses, Karl and his colleagues have gained expertise in specialized areas that make the agency uniquely qualified to serve.
- Life member of The Million Dollar Round Table
- Founded Kollmorgen & Associates, Inc. in 1990
- 25-year New York Life career agent
- Named Agent of the Year in securities sales
- Member and past officer, National Association of Financial Advisors (NAFA)
- Member and course moderator, Life Underwriter Training Council (LUTC)
- Active supporter of the Lincoln Humane Society, Lincoln Lutheran High School, the Lincoln Independent Business Association (LIBA) Foundation, and other civic and philanthropic organizations
- Past president of both YMCA swim club and Lincoln Southeast football booster club
- Member of Messiah Lutheran Church
- Hobbies: traveling with wife Daylene, quality time with grandchildren, hunting, fishing, weightlifting and cycling
Dave Meyer, Employee Benefits Advisor
In addition to more than 30 years of experience in the complex world of insurance, Dave Meyer also was a business owner for more than two decades. He provided crop hail insurance to plains state farmers and, because the hail insurance business was seasonal, he also owned and operated a residential construction company. This dual experience means Dave can see the challenges facing today’s businesses from a unique and authentic perspective. He knows how to create real value for businesses by striking a balance between the needs of employees (benefits) and the needs of business owners (the bottom line).
- Currently a specialist in employee benefits for south-central Nebraska organizations
- Former agent, Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Company of Iowa
- Member of Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Company of Iowa Million Dollar Club
- Former owner, residential construction company
- Joined Kollmorgen & Associates in 2008
- Resides in Ruskin area with wife Diane and three daughters
Kyle Kollmorgen, Sales Consultant
As a member of the 1997 National Championship football team for the University of Nebraska and holder of a degree in communications studies, Kyle Kollmorgen knows firsthand the power of teamwork and communication. He uses that knowledge and experience to provide exceptional service to customers—a fitting extension of the Kollmorgen & Associates philosophy “Service, Education & Honesty.” Kyle worked until 2003 with young families on life insurance and retirement planning, then joined Kollmorgen & Associates where he now heads the company’s employee benefits division. Kollmorgen & Associates is the agent of record for more than 120 group business accounts for health, disability and dental insurance.
- Bachelors Degree in Communication Studies, University of Nebraska—Lincoln
- 4-year letterman and member of the 1997 National Championship football team
- Active college member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
- Joined Kollmorgen & Associates in 2003
- Manager of Kollmorgen & Associates employee benefit division
- Active in Lincoln Independent Business Association (LIBA) and the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU)
- Volunteer for The Grant Winstrom Foundation, Creating Captains (The Matt Davidson Foundation), Forever Angels and the YMCA.
- Member of Messiah Lutheran Church
- Resides in Lincoln with wife Kristy and two children
- Enjoys sports, camping and the outdoors, and spending time with family and friends
Debbie Hayes, Customer Service Representative
Debbie is no stranger to red tape. She has moved around the U.S. and the world with her Army husband, and she worked for both the U.S. Department of Defense and the American Red Cross. All that experience is good for clients of Kollmorgen & Associates. Debbie uses her extensive experience with payroll, retirement services and financial services to help clients resolve claims, install cases and sort out coverage. Employers who offer group policies value her expertise as they wrestle with Cobra and State Continuation responsibilities. Debbie approaches every challenge with equal resolve and dedication, no matter the size of the client.
- Moved to Lincoln in 2001; joined Kollmorgen & Associates in 2006
- Women’s Ministry Committee, Heartlands Church
- Parent Concession Chair, Lincoln Southwest High School Forensics Program
- Summer Volunteer, Lincoln libraries
- Resides in Lincoln with husband, Harry, and two daughters
- Enjoys boating, reading, gardening and eating Harry’s cooking